Monday, March 28, 2005

Long weekend, managed to read following novels in recent past :


  • My man Jeeves
  • The Clicking of Cuthbert
  • Thank You, Jeeves
  • The Code of the Woosters
  • The Inimitable Jeeves
  • Much Obliged, Jeeves


Somehow Vivek doesn't find Wodehouse to be that good, he finds the style to repetetive. He does repeat a lot of phrases and keeps cross referencing events from his previous books, but I like that part very much.

I was in goa on this weekend, had decided to go there a long back but couldn't convince anyone else to join so finally decided to go alone. If you can't a direct bus to goa (which happens very often) I would recommend the route I took. I took a state transport bus to Kolhapur (145 Rs.), from there a Sumo took me to Savantwadi (100 Rs.) and got a volvo to drop me at Panjim (50 Rs.) quite cheap and I assure you volvo was the most uncomfortable of the three. While coming back I took a volvo and as usual there was NO legspace to talk of.

I spent most of my time reading wodehouse, took a walk from Panjim to Bagha Beach and stayed near beach in an A/C room for 400 Rs. per day. Goa remains a cheap city. Bagha is the most crowded beach and I loved it. As always happens I always managed to find someone or other from IIT no matter which city I am in, met a group of juniors from H-3 and did some timepass with the group.

Goa is a big attraction for me, though many people associate the name with Booze, Babes and Beaches. I see it as a beatiful and lazy city and I like it that way. Anytime you are interested in visiting the city/state on a weekend, I am game :D

Post a Comment (0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home