Monday, April 25, 2005

As mentioned in my last post I am writing this blog entry from San Jose, California. I am visiting Veraz Networks for 8 weeks.

I took a Cathay Pacific flight to Hong Kong, my first international flight. As usual I requested for a window seat with extra leg space, but on boarding I found that a lady was sitting on my seat. They were a couple with a small kid with them, the window and middle seat were more comfortably positioned if they were to keep the baby in the basket in front. The plane reached Hong Kong after a stop over at Bangkok. The flight had a camera fitted somewhere in the bottom and We could see the landing tyres folding and the view from 'bottom of the plane' was good.

I finally managed to get a window seat on the next leg of journey. I slept most of the time, saw flying daggers, a friends episode and some other programs. Didn't read much of the Wodehouse book that I was carrying.

The weather in California is very pleasant and the hotel 'Staybridge' that I am staying at is a nice, small one. They have a 'full kitchen', which is of no use to me as I don't cook, I can only heat the 'Ready to Eat' food. :( First time I tasted 'ready to eat' food and I would disagree with people who don't like it. It is good. I took a cab from airport to the hotel and the cab driver was a spanish chap.. He encouraged me to try my spanish when I told him I have learnt basics of the language :-) He actually had the song 'Maria Isabel' in his cab.

Planning to buy a laptop, am not able to decide between an apple and an IBM.. I know there is no way to compare the two but I need to take a decision anyways.

Post a Comment (9)

9 Comments:

Blogger Rahul Tyagi said...

Dell Inspiron Jeet!! bahut sasta hai abhi!!! fauran action lete hue... ek do din mein haath se nikal jaayega...

(send your phone number...)

2:29 AM  
Blogger Ghushe said...

Good to hear ki Spanish helped. But it meant that it wont help in more enterprising ordeals, the saint that you are.

Khair, Apple anyday, if you have the bandwidth why not??

12:56 PM  
Blogger Nitin said...

Hola! Senor. Espanol taxi driver!! That's one hell of a coincidence man!! :D
Oye, BTW, iPods par koi acchi deal mil rahi ho, to lemme know abt it!

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice entries! choose ibm! ei, pass by my site sometime - anthony.i.ph, ciao!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Jeet said...

Now, this is very confusing..

9:50 PM  
Blogger Rahul Tyagi said...

coincidence? I thought most of the cabbies in California are spanish.. naheen kya?

8:08 AM  
Blogger Jeet said...

Pata nahin.. abhi tak to ek hi spanish mila hai.. sardar ji bahut mile :)

9:46 PM  
Blogger Ghushe said...

neu yourkk bhi aNNaa hai au pai bhi nahi kharCHaNe... twaaDii...

Forget this comment. I've just _decided_ to be arbit right now!!

2:19 AM  
Blogger palash8de said...

Jeet, Apple ibook le. Isse badhiya kuchh bhi nahin.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home