Friday, May 06, 2005

I am working in a highly solaris based environment. This is the first time I am working with people who are very comfortable with emacs and tcsh and equally uncomfortable with vim. I have spent most of my keystrokes on bash and vim so far though sometimes I have worked on emacs and tcsh, that makes me comfortable in both enviroment.

Other people's discomfort forced me to think about these things and I found that there is no reason they should be that uncomfortable. They are already familiar with both the command sets. tcsh essentially uses vim command set so people using emcas and tcsh know both emacs and vim commands. Similarly bash users command set very similar to emacs. I think its more to do with 'who moved my cheese' thinking !!

Although transition between users of tcsh + vim AND bash + emacs might be a little more difficult.

Post a Comment (0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home