Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Just finished watching The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. It was a 'okish' movie. Normally I don't like book adaption movies, I liked Godfather and Contact as much as I liked to books. H2G2 (the movie) looked like a mediocre one to me. It was not 'fun' watching this one. Was this movie a hit? I will check IMDB after this post.

I have yet to see LOTR and Harry Potter movies and that reminds me that I still haven't to read HBP. I don't really know where I am spending my time nowadays. :-)

I was catching up with my Dilbert Blog reading and found this great post by Scott Adams. I will spend some time surfing about this guy James Blake now !!

Update : Found another James Blake story.

About 42

Post a Comment (5)

5 Comments:

Blogger Rahul Tyagi said...

jeet, no H2G2 wasn't a hit... and LOTR will most likely add to your list of good movie adaptations of books (in fact, I didn't like the books all that much and found the movies amazing!)

Harry Potter movies are actually quite different from the books... You might not like them at all, but even if you do like them it won't be because of their Harrypotterness.. they are just fast paced action movies for most part... the charm of the books is mostly in the non-action scene IMO...

11:36 AM  
Blogger Jeet said...

Thnx ET.. LOTR dekhne ka plan banata hoon :)

4:50 PM  
Blogger Vaibhav said...

Totally agree with u jeetu. Somehow it is very difficult for the adaptation to be as good as the novel. Myself disappointed a few times while watching movies after having read the corresponding novels.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Jeet said...

Vaibhav.. movies main baat nahin hoti jo novel main hoti hai.. but sometimes movies are a better medium for expression !!

Ab ET bol raha hai to LOTR to dekhni hi padegi :-)

5:35 PM  
Blogger Vaibhav said...

haan movies can be a better mdium bcoz not many ppl usually read novels...but movies are watched by masses.
but for regular novel readers mostly movies are not able to reach the level of novels

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home