Sunday, April 30, 2006

Mystery Spot and Monterey Bay

This was my first weekend in US during this visit. I went for some shopping in the morning and stocked groceries (Ready-to-eat meal packets) in the fridge. I also got a battery charger and rechargeable batteries but I soon found out that the charger works for 100 volts only. I will have to go back and return it tomorrow.

Goti and his friends picked me up from my hotel and we decided to head towards a place called Mystery Spot. The place was a mystery to me so we took directions from google maps and headed towards our destination. Jason was driving a car in US for the first time so everyone was contributing to his driving by giving him tips about lane selection and indicator and what not. But it was fun :-)

We had a light lunch at a nearby McDonald's Restaurant and reached Mystery Spot (safely). I won't be posting anything about the place because it will ruin all the fun :-). Instead I will let you people 'surf' the net and find out for yourself. All I can say is, believe it or not, what they are saying is true. I have seen and felt it, I have photographs and even 2 videos :-)

I will be posting some photographs on my photoblog soon.

After Mystery Spot we headed towards 17 Mile Drive in Pacific Grove and went into circles at a place 3 times. All three times we took different and bigger route to circle but we were finally able to find the correct way. We had wasted a lot of time in circles so we decided not to go for 17 mile drive and went to Monterey instead. Monterey is a very beautiful city on the coast of Pacific Ocean (bay actually). I will also be posting photographs of Monterey on my photoblog.

Amod (a colleague) is also in US with me and he was very kind to book tickets for Sacramento Kings Vs. San Antonio Spurs basketball match. It is the 4th match between these two teams in playoffs and it will be my 'first' live NBA match.. Hopefully it will be an interesting match. I am told that the 'arco court' in Sacramento is a good place to watch.

Post a Comment (7)

7 Comments:

Blogger Rahul Tyagi said...

so.. do the people there tell you the actual explanation or do they invoke some supernatural/extraterrestrial factors?

5:00 AM  
Blogger the clairvoyant said...

Its amazing!!
I think it might be some sort of an optical illusion *maybe*

6:18 AM  
Blogger Jeet said...

ET And Clary:

They tell you that it is 'not' optical illusion because you can take photographs and videos etc. and find out the truth 'later'.

They also say that many people have some supernatual/ET theory about it. But mostly it is related to some gravity playing games with us. Mostly it is due to sudden changes in gravitational force field in a small area.

One can 'feel' the force :-) A unique experience !!

2:05 PM  
Blogger the clairvoyant said...

sahi hai kuh photu post karna blog par ....

2:51 PM  
Blogger Jeet said...

Main soch raha hoon ki daily 2-3 photo post karoon.. usse mera photoblog jeevit rahega :-)

3:11 PM  
Blogger Rahul Tyagi said...

ammm... "optical illusion" doesn't necessarily mean that a "recording" and "watching later" should make things clear... a reproduction can be just as illusory as the actual thing... otherwise the Escher paintings really wouldn't work the way they do...

I like the "gravity hill illusion" explanation much better than "sudden changes in gravitational force field". read about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_hill

6:11 AM  
Blogger Jeet said...

I forgot to talk about the gravity hill theory last time. This was eliminated by using spirit levels etc.

Also you can not simulate a 'changing' field with gravity hill. The forces 'felt' vary with every step.

There were 4 exhibits in all and two of them removed optical illusion theory, one was 'generic' and another one removed the gravity hill theory.

The effects were definitely exaggerated. But there is no denying that they were there.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home