Monday, April 10, 2006

Webaroo vs. Google Gdrive

Recently read the article about launch of Webaroo's product/service. Now this reminds me of two of my old posts.

I had written about Gdrive rumours earlier.

Looks like some people are trying to put the whole web in your laptop, desktop or handhelp PDA/smartphone and at the same time other might try to keep a backup of 'all' your data on web... There is only so much you can do with every increasing but always scarce bandwidth..

My other post was about Google Cache. Now Webaroo is essentially trying to sell a cache and they have gone several steps forward by allowing the user to download the cache. Really cool stuff !

Now that makes me think, how soon will people start using 'Google Desktop' to start searching there Webaroo "web packs". I haven't used Webaroo's offering because it is not yet available for Mac. Gera if you read this entry by mistake, can you please answer these questions..

1. How soon (if ever) do you plan to make a Mac version?
2. Have you guys done anything to 'prevent' google to write a plug-in so that your web packs are searchable by Google Desktop?

Post a Comment (8)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't comment, more so on the second point. Let me just say that we don't have a Mac offering yet.

--AC(DC).

1:49 PM  
Blogger Jeet said...

Bahut hi kameene pan wala answer hai.. kuch 'naya' info to mila hi nahin isse :D

3:52 PM  
Blogger the clairvoyant said...

arey yaar aap MAC wale log to Bond types hote ho... I want to own a Mac myself but its too xpensive.. lets c mayb smetym laters:-). Vaise Macbook Pro is too tempting even with its price tag :p

10:07 PM  
Blogger Jeet said...

I don't know if 'bond' is shown with a mac ever.. dekhna padega.. But I think I am better than him :p

I think "Mac" wale log mostly 'best' of the line khareedne wale hote hain..

9:25 AM  
Blogger the clairvoyant said...

Hmm thats wat I was trying to say..vaise which one do u have?

4:21 PM  
Blogger Jeet said...

I have a 12" PowerBook G4.. and its obsolete :-)

5:23 PM  
Blogger the clairvoyant said...

one o my frens had a powerbook G4.. he got it real cheap in US.. but a MAC is MAC.. lets c maybe some tym ill own one too...I herd smetn about apple introducing smetn to run MS Windows on apple .. some emulator kinda thing...
:-(

11:13 PM  
Blogger Jeet said...

Apple has introduced Boot Camp. This software suite lets you boot and run Windows on a Mac machine.

There were already a lot of virtulization softwares that allowed people to run windows on Mac OS X. Virtual PC was the most popular.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home