Wednesday, August 16, 2006

We went to Chokhi Dhani yesterday. It was good to hear all those Rajasthani folk songs. I realized that I knew lyrics partly for many of them :)

Chokhi Dhani is about 30 Kms from my place and I thought we won't have the queues that we normally have in Pune outside 'any' restaurant, but Puneites are compulsive restaurant-goers and there were queues everywhere.

Chokhi Dhani is always a fun experience, a camel and elephant ride, a cool magic show and a lot of folk songs made the day for us. I highly recommend this place for a lazy weekend evening.

Post a Comment (5)

5 Comments:

Blogger the clairvoyant said...

have u shifted to jaipur..:-)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Jeet said...

hey clairy: Your question tells me that you didn't follow the link. :-)

Sorry, I was not very clear. This Chokhi Dhani is in Pune.

There is Dhola ri Dhani in Hyderabad and two such Dhanis in Indore.. I think almost all big cities will have such theme restaurants.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Vivek Kumar said...

Sahi hai.. Chokhi Dhani in Pune :)

11:56 AM  
Blogger the clairvoyant said...

oops I am sorry :-( i shud have followed the link

6:16 PM  
Blogger Manav K said...

okies ji!
given i get the opportunity i'll definitely hit the place...
keep posting similar gyan! :)

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home