Saturday, November 25, 2006

I am in the middle of running long loads and parallely doing huge builds so I decided to start reading Vivek's blog after a gap of 30+ days. He a lot of interesting posts. I have marked some of them as pending because I have to read other links given in those posts.

This post, reminded me of how I stopped buying and bursting crackers in my first year. I saw a poster on H3 (my hostel) notice board about Diwali, child labour, polution and donating. Another mail followed the poster and I have never bought crackers after that. I did sell fire-crackers in my third/fourth year in my dad's shop.

Whenever I am with my parents on Diwali (4 times in last 9 years) My mom always forces me to burst a few soon (shagun) ke pathakhe.

I love the festival and I enjoy meeting my childhood friends (not really, they are my friends from 11th and 12th class) and relatives in my Diwali vacations but the fun in crackers is gone forever.

Post a Comment (4)

4 Comments:

Blogger Vivek Kumar said...

I read the comments.. but just way too many of them to respond right now :)

11:30 PM  
Blogger the clairvoyant said...

Apne Desh vaapis kab aa rahe ho sir?

3:58 PM  
Blogger Jeet said...

kaafi kathin sawaal pooch liya.. aaj ki flight hai vaise :)

4:00 PM  
Blogger the clairvoyant said...

isme kathin kya thaa? apna desh?? ya fir vapis ?? :Pb

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home