Wednesday, August 22, 2007

We* saw Chak De India yesterday. National Anthem before the movie.. and in the movie too. Friends had already told me that the full song is not played. Now this put me in a fix. I wanted to stand to pay respect to the anthem but I knew it would get over quickly. Felt good that 3-4 people actually stood up. Felt bad that not many did.

In all this just when I put my feet on the ground to get up, the song got over. I liked the movie. :-)

In our attempt to try all good restaurants in Delhi we have tried 4 mentionable restaurants so far.

1. Moti Mahal - Dwarka - * * *1/2 - Enemy Tull is a big fan of Moti Mahal, Janakpuri, we haven't gone to the Janakpuri outlet but I liked the food an ambience in Dwarka. If not for the long queue, wait and overtly spicey masala papad it would have got better ratings.

2. Swagat, Defence Colony - * * * - We went there for lunch on Enemy Tull's b'day. Again long queue outside the hotel and slight liquor smell. I liked the food. Might go there again.

3. Alka, Connaught Place - 1/2 - It seems the restaurant is very popular. So popular that they had to open and annex in CP. But I would define it as Cramped space, Steel cutlery, slow service, no garlic/onion in dishes and all dishes tasted same. Enemy Tulls's b'day dinner was spoiled thanks to Oonchi dukaan, feeke pakwaan.

I agree with following quote:

"Tomatoes & Oregano make it Italian; Wine & Tarragon make it French. Sour cream makes it Russian; Lemon and Cinnamon make it Greek. Soy sauce makes it Chinese. Garlic makes it good..."

Owners of Alka: If you want to stay in business for long, put garlic or cater to jain community in Gujrat.

4. Baabu ji ka dhaba, Metropolitan Mall, Gurgaon: * * * * 1/2 - We went there yesterday. The food was good, service was super fast. Ambience would make us go there again and again. I liked the pickles too. I guess it was homemade. It was slightly costlier than normal restaurants and they add 10% service charge in the bill by default.

5. Salsa, Sahara Mall, Gurgaon: * * * - Its a good imitation of mexican restaurants. But its an imitation. We tried Nachos, Salsa, Quesadillas and took an extra dip of Salsa but guacomole/avocado were missing.

* Most of the time "We/we" would represent Enemy Tull and me.

Labels: ,

Post a Comment (1)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey buddy me new to Delhi ..
read ur views ..wow .. Must admire !
just a Query ..what about the prices in Moti Mahal rest. My Friends are Visitin me frm bangalore and they want to eat hardcore Punjabi fud .. wanna know about Prices. Food. Ambiance.
Regards,
Ankush

Mail id : ankush_nuts@hotmail.com

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home