Monday, August 20, 2007

We went to see Buddha mar gaya yesterday. The movie is really gross.

What caught my attention was Indian National Anthem being played in cinema hall. I have seen INA in Pune/Mumbai cinema halls but this was the first time I saw it in Delhi. Beautifully sung by masters of music. Lata mangeshkar started the song and I was surprised to see a locket of national flag on her neck (is it allowed now? I had read that you are now allowed to wear things related to the fla above waist so this should qualify :P). First change of singer took me by surprise and to my surprise second one too :-). But after that I expected singers to change. It was a pleasure to recognize individual 'styles' of vocalists for one single song. I was rather happy to hear it.

We came back home and I did something I don't do very often. I switched on the TV. And there was another version of the INA but sung by one singer. I saw the INA and changed the channel to see INA again (this time the multiple singer edition).

It is sponsered by Airtel and I don't think it's such a good idea to broadcast INA so many times on TV channels. I think that respect for the anthem will go away if I hear it 20 times a day, I wouls stop standing still and I would stop paying attention to the song. I don't know what can be done about it.

PS: I finished reading five point someone. I liked the informal style of writing. Next up is "Great Expectations".

Labels:

Post a Comment (0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home