Sunday, February 03, 2008

Curry Twist, Sakinaka, Mumbai

I liked food at The Dhaba but the service was not really impressive. But next day another place made up for it. We went to Curry Twist at Sakinaka to meet Anti Me Tull's friend. It is situated opposite the famous Chakras restaurant. I was confused by the entrance because it looked like a place that sells paintings and wall decorations. And I was right, there was a side door to enter the restaurant. I think they should make a separate entrance for the restaurant.

I was impressed by the interiors and comfortable looking seats in the restaurant. Fabulous interiors, spacious seating and different options for seating arrangement made a very good first impression. I was taken aback when the waiter spoke perfect english and knew details about the dishes we wanted to order. He also suggested some modification and we ended up ordering Dal bukhara, Reshami Paneer (we initially opted for Malmali paneer) and some arabi or irani biryani along with naan and paranthas. This guy also knew that their naan has egg and we should order laccha parantha or kulcha if we don't want egg. I couldn't kill my curiosity and asked the guy if he has done an MBA in hotel management. He has not, but he is probably the best waiter I have come across.

The other helpers were also good, we were served quickly and properly. Our empty water glasses were filled quickly. Overall 5 * rating service and delicious food. I have added Curry Twist to my favorite and recommended restaurant list.

My ratings:

Service: * * * * *
Food: * * * * 1/2
Music: * * * * (non-obtrusive)
Ambience: * * * * 1/2
Comfort: * * * *

Labels: ,

Post a Comment (0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home