Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Dhaba, Andheri Mumbai

I have been very irregular in my posting and I think the reason is because we have not been going out a lot lately. We were in Bombay last week to attend a friend's wedding. We went to Lokhandwala area to meet some relatives and we were treated at The Dhaba for lunch. The place is somewhere in Andheri and I don't really know the exact location. I know that it was 5 minutes drive from "The Factory" (Ram Gopal Varma's office).

I really liked the ambience at The Dhaba. The super extra large lanterns at the entrance and over the reception couldn't have been missed. Full sized statue of punjabi dance and balle balle and other stuff written on the walls (in Gurumukhi) made the place stand out.

We sat inside the restaurant and I got the same feeling of being in Not Just Paranthas or Bauji The Dhaba. Assorted items that are used in day to day life were used for decoration. I can recall kites, bangles and lanterns (small ones).

The food was delicious. I have no idea what we ordered but I liked everything :-) We also ordered Mukka Pyaz named thus because it's broken into pieces by a Mukka (blow of fist) rather than cutting with knife. I remember using the Mukka myself in distant past and my dad claims that onion tastes much better that way :-)

I recommend the place for everyone though you might have to wait for an hour or so to get a seat.

My ratings:

Ambience: * * * *
Food: * * * * 1/2
Service: * * 1/2
Music: * * * (punjabi folk songs)

Labels: , ,

Post a Comment (0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home